RISE University and Health Service Divestment Call
A Breakdown of the health and education institutions currently financially tied to security companies complicit in ongoing detention torture. There have been countless reports and inquiries regarding the deaths, torture and sexual abuse faced by refugees who have been incarcerated within Australia’s mandatory detention centres. These detention centres are allowed to exist with impunity because they are directly orchestrated by the Australian government for profit.
RISE encourages employees, students and clients of these institutions – as well as general supporters – to use the contact points linked below, maintain a physical presence at these establishments and demand they divest from the detention industry immediately and sever ties with these security companies.
- Fiona Stanley Hospital (Western Australia), Serco
- Broadmeadows Health Service, Wilson Security
- Casey Hospital, Wilson Parking
- Northern Health, Wilson Security
- Peninsula Private Hospital, Wilson Parking
- The Royal Women’s Hospital, Wilson Parking
- Valley Private Hospital, Wilson Parking
- Peninsula Health (VIC) , Wilson Security
- Northern Hospital Epping, Wilson Security
- Northern Health Bundoora, Wilson Security
- Northern Health Craigieburn, Wilson Security
- Eastern Health (VIC) , Wilson Security
- Mind Mental Health PARC Facility Ringwood (VIC), Wilson Security
- Darwin Private Hospital (NT) , Wilson Security
- University of Melbourne, Wilson Security
- University of New South Wales , Wilson Security
- University of South Australia , Wilson Security
- Charles Darwin , Wilson Security
- Queensland University of Technology , Wilson Security
*We will regularly update this list as we receive more information.
What else you can do?
Be part of eX-detainee led and controlled campaign. The #SanctionAustralia campaign is unique in that it is initiated, controlled and directed by eX-detainees and launched in September 2017. The Sanction Australia campaign primary aims is to sanction Australia from participating in international refugee humanitarian decision-making and human rights forums until The END of Mandatory Detention, The END of Refoulement and The END of Refugee Boat Turn back policies.