Division: Case Supporting Program
Title: Support Services Coordinator
Work Type : 2 days a week
Salary : Negotiable
Location: Melbourne , Victoria
Apply : email@example.com (please insert ‘SSC position’ in the subject)
About Support Services
RISE Support Services offer help in addressing initial critical settlement needs of refugees and asylum seekers. Our involvement across these areas is as a go between, advocating and facilitating migrant needs with relevant governmental departments and NGO partners. We are uniquely placed to achieve this aim as our settlement services are informed by the knowledge, experiences and expertise of our staff. Many of our staff and volunteers are of refugee or migrant background and are able to leverage their shared experiences to assist newly arrived refuges with their settlement in Australia.
RISE’s support service seeks to offer flexible settlement solutions that are individually tailored to address the circumstance and preferences of each of our clients, on a best fit basis. We seek to provide a suite of services delivered through a coordinated case management model in the following support areas:
- Access to crisis support
- Employment opportunities
Support Services Coordinator Position Description
- Act as a go between, advocating and facilitating member needs with relevant governmental departments and NGO partners.
- Offer our members flexible settlement solutions that meet needs and aspirations.
- Coordinator is responsible for overall portfolio management and administration, including accurate and timely reporting.
- Coordinator will effectively build cohesive teams, lead by example, and strategically support all its volunteers, respecting everyones’ commitment. The team should regularly develop and assess long and short term goals and strategies to cohesively build and strengthen RISE.
- Coordinator will provide strategic insight and support for RISE’s mission-based priorities including advocacy, campaigns, external relations, and lobbying as well as media releases.
- Coordinator will communicate with volunteers in an on-going manner and maintain an open door management style. The Project Coordinator should be a natural listener and mentor, regularly providing professional feedback and assessing staff and volunteer performance on an annual basis.
- Directing, guiding and accompanying to register/attend with common services/ agencies/organizations and linking with community groups and asking feed-back or noting down surrounding issues
- Comply with OH&S legislation and the Policy and Procedure of RISE
Knowledge & Skill Requirement: Although RISE welcomes every individual or groups regardless of their differences and abilities, the role must be met with the following criteria:
- Ability to work and travel independently
- Ability to report to the Central Executive Committee
- Capacity to work and handle complex cases
- Sound knowledge of the housing, employment as well as the refugee and asylum seeker sector
- Demonstrate positive values of cultural diversity, integrity, teamwork, reliability and consistent with RISE objectives and aims
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write clear, structured and articulate reports
- Ability to initiate, maintain and nurture relationships with a diverse range of foundation contacts, philanthropics, corporates, and many other RISE stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with case work and community works
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience with grant writing
Only applications with a cover letter and answering the key selection criteria will be considered.
Applications close 5pm, 23 June 2015
Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org (please insert ‘SSC position’ in the subject)
Refugees and asylum seekers are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.